ESPN NFL Programming Update
ESPN NFL Programming Update
ESPN NFL Programming Update
New York Jets Host Matt Schaub and Undefeated Houston Texans on Monday Night Football
Matt Schaub and the 4-0 Houston Texans travel to face the New York Jets on ESPN’s Monday Night Football on Oct. 8 at 8:30 p.m. ET. Announcer Mike Tirico and analyst Jon Gruden will call the game from MetLife Stadium with sideline reporter Lisa Salters.
Chris Berman will anchor the two-hour pre-game show Monday Night Countdown at 6:30 p.m. He’ll be joined in studio by NFL analysts Cris Carter, Mike Ditka, Tom Jackson and Keyshawn Johnson and NFL Insiders Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter. On-site host Stuart Scott, NFL analysts Trent Dilfer and Steve Young, contributor Rick Reilly and Salters will also contribute to the pre-game conversation from the stadium.
In addition to the ESPN telecast, MNF will also be available on ESPN Deportes and – for fans who receive their video subscriptions from an affiliated provider – on computers at WatchESPN.com and on tablets via the WatchESPN app.
Cam Newton Collects Awards in Latest This is SportsCenter Spot
Last season’s NFL Rookie of the Year Cam Newton, also the 2010 Heisman Award winner, showcases his collection of prestigious awards in ESPN’s latest This is SportsCenter spot. The spots were created in collaboration with Wieden + Kennedy New York.
In the spot, the decorated Carolina Panthers quarterback sits at a desk surrounded by dozens of trophies when his latest award, the coveted ‘Golden Water Cooler,’ arrives. Newton explains to envious SportsCenter anchor John Anderson that he earned his new accolade after telling a joke about Anderson in the ESPN break room. In a shorter version of the spot, Newton accepts the Peabody Award, a Writers Guild Award and an Emmy.
Matt Leinart Stars in Nissan Heisman House Spot
Oakland Raiders quarterback Matt Leinart headlines a new Nissan Heisman House spot set to air on Saturday, Oct. 6, in prime time. In the spot, the University of Southern California alum finds his Heisman Award dressed in a Hula skirt and a Hawaiian lei – a prank from fellow Heisman winner Herschel Walker. The Nissan Heisman House is a project of ESPN CreativeWorks. Additional spots will debut in coming weeks featuring other members of the exclusive Heisman fraternity.
Sunday NFL Countdown: Rock-n-Roll Legend Joe Walsh to Perform Live; Ray Lewis – The Orator; The Lone Star State Quarterbacks; Matt Ryan; and More
Chris Berman and analysts Cris Carter, Mike Ditka, Tom Jackson and Keyshawn Johnson, joined by Suzy Kolber, Merril Hoge and Ron Jaworski (on an adjoining set) will preview week five on Sunday NFL Countdown Presented by IBM on October 7, beginning at 10 a.m. ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and senior analyst Chris Mortensen will report the day’s news and updates.
Rock legend Joe Walsh, who has provided the soundtrack to Sunday NFL Countdown since last September with his popular Funk #50, will make a live, in-studio appearance on the three-hour NFL pre-game show on Sunday. Walsh will perform Countdown’s unofficial anthem — which he created specifically for the show based on the classic Funk #49 — and parts of his hit songs like Life’s Been Good and In the City coming in and out of commercial breaks.
Correspondents Ed Werder (Atlanta at Washington), Josina Anderson (Philadelphia at Pittsburgh), Rachel Nichols (Green Bay at Indianapolis), and Sal Paolantonio (Denver at New England) will report from game sites. Highlights:
- Ray’s Speeches: Baltimore Raven Ray Lewis has become synonymous with fiery and emotional locker room speeches. In fact, the linebacker has become a sought-after motivational speaker – addressing high schools, colleges, and other organizations. Reporter Rachel Nichols looks at Ray Lewis’ non-NFL oratory and how he helps to inspire thousands beyond the Ravens locker room.
- Texas Quarterbacks: While everything may not necessarily be bigger in Texas, the Lone Star state has a big impact on quarterbacks in the NFL. Twenty-five percent of all NFL starting quarterbacks are from Texas, and on Sunday two of the eight go head-to-head as the Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill faces the Bengals’ Andy Dalton. Countdown’s NFL Insider Adam Schefter examines what makes Texas a breeding ground for NFL arms.
- Matt Ryan with Hannah Storm: It would be hard to find a better NFL quarterback today than the Falcons’ Matt Ryan. He has thrown NFC-best 11 touchdowns and has led Atlanta to a perfect 4-0 start. SportsCenter anchor Hannah Storm visits with “Matty Ice” Ryan this week to talk about his team, his hot start for the season, his receivers Roddy White and Julio Jones, and the pressure to win in the playoffs this season.
- Keystone State Showdown: Leading up to the Eagles at Steelers game on Sunday, ESPN.com senior writer Greg Garber visits the middle of the Keystone State to reveal the heated passions among fans of the two teams.
The three-hour program will also include recurring segments such as Ron Jaworski and Meril Hoge’s matchup segment – an Xs and Os look at key plays and formations; Cris Carter’s ‘Where You At?’ where the former standout wide receiver points out underperforming players; and coach Mike Ditka’s ‘Stop It’ in which the legendary coach cautions league personnel to cease from improper and actions.
Snickers NFL Matchup – The Redskins’ Rushing Attack; Steelers’ Third-down Defense; Denver’s Wide Receiver Screens; and More
NFL Matchup host Sal Paolantonio and analysts Ron Jaworski and Merril Hoge will preview this week’s key games by taking viewers inside the film room with X’s and O’s analysis Sunday, Oct. 7, on ESPN at 3:30 a.m. (ESPN2 at 8:30 a.m.). Highlights:
- Coaches Clicker – Rushing in Washington: Though Washington’s offense features unorthodox formations, Matchup shows that the Redskins still have the power rushing attack that is characteristic of a Mike Shanahan coached team.
- Tell Me Something I Don’t Know – Dropping Kroy Biermann to Safety: Atlanta is 4-0, but little has been said about their complex defense, one of the best in the league. This week, Matchup uncovers something Robert Griffin should be aware of – Falcons’ creative use of defensive end Kroy Biermann in pass coverage.
- Money Down – Steelers Third Down Defense: Critics would expect a Dick LeBeau defense to be dominant, but the Steelers’ defense has struggled on third down this season – often getting beat in man coverage. Against the high-flying Eagles pass attack, Jaworski shows what the Steelers need to do to get stops.
- Run 2 Daylight — Brandon Bolden 20-Yard Run: Not many think of the Patriots as a running team, but last week in Buffalo they had two running backs rush for more than hundred yards each. This week, Merril Hoge breaks down the blocking schemes that allowed Brandon Bolden to “Run 2 Daylight” in his first career 100-yard rushing performance.
- In Between the Lines – Demaryius Thomas’ Wide Receiver Screen: After his 71-yard touchdown against the Steelers in week 1, wide receiver Demaryius Thomas has become a major part of Denver’s screen game. Jaworski reads “In Between the Lines” to show indicators that will help defenders predict the Broncos’ wide receiver screen play.
- Blitz Breakdown: Texans Blitz on Third Down: Following a punishing performance against the Titans, the Texans head into the Meadowlands to face a Jets team that failed to score a point last week. On this week’s ‘Blitz Breakdown,’ Jaws dissects the intricacies of Houston’s blitz schemes that help to make them one the best third down defenses.
- Beyond the Film Room – Aaron Rodgers: Aaron Rodgers’ poise and proficiency was evident in his four touchdown performance last week at Lambeau Field. Matchup goes ‘Beyond the Film Room,’ and onto the field to show how Rodgers got his team back on track with a win over the Saints.
- Quick Hit – 49ers Double-Team Blocks: Last Sunday, the 49ers went into MetLife Stadium and showed the Jets the true meaning of “ground and pound.” Hoge shows how San Francisco’s execution of double-team blocks opens holes for Pro Bowl running back Frank Gore.
– 30 –
Richee Bs Sports Restaurant
4703 SW 16th Place
Henderson, FL 33914
- Related Blogs on Sports Bar Restaurant
- Related Blogs on Air Conditioning
- Related Blogs on air conditioning